Script to alert feed owner to high number of listeners

 Script to alert feed owner to high number of listeners

I've been running a feed for about a year. Most of the time, I'm under 20 listeners at a time. I had some event the other day where my listeners peaked at nearly 200. I wish I would have been notified at the time of the event so I could have added a feed alert or something...and potentially driven up the number of listeners further.

So I whipped up a python script to do just that. Here it is if anyone else wants to implement the same feature. This runs on a Raspberry Pi that supplies my feed.

This file is located at /home/pi/stats/stats.py




http://forums.radioreference.com/streaming-broadcasting-audio-recording/334031-script-alert-feed-owner-high-number-listeners.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.