Is there any free VPN service for Raspberry Pi 3(instead of PiVPN)

Is there any free VPN service for Raspberry Pi 3(instead of PiVPN)

Hello there, i have a Raspberry Pi 3 and i am using it with my TV. At the past, i heard about some hackers log in to Pi with bots using ip adresses. I was using raspberry pi as a normal pc so i was doing all my work in it(office works, web browsing etc.) after i hear theese news, i started using it lesser and lesser. Because i am connected to internet, i have my port 22, 23 and a few other ports open for some projects i have. So i need to hide my ip while i'm browsing in internet. So, is there any free VPN services for Raspberry Pi that i can use?(I am new in forum but i have been using Raspberry Pi's since 2016)


If you are running Raspbian and have changed the default password to something secure (not easy to guess or brute force) then your Pi is no more vulnerable than any other computer running Debian Linux (which is more secure than Windows). If you want a bit more security, change the username as well. I create my own user and disable the default pi account with sudo passwd --lock pi (I change the default hostname as well).

Raspberry Pi computers that get hacked are usually the ones that go online with the default username and password.

It's also not advised to open default ports (like port 22 for SSH). Use port forwarding instead (forward a normally unused port to port 22 in your router and use that port number for external SSH connections).




https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=204613



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.