WIFI Hidden SSID

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but it caught me up when my hotspot quit connecting to my wireless router after a recent automatic upgrade.  I don't know what, if anything, from the upgrade provoked it.

Add 'scan_ssid=1' between the 'ssid' and 'psk' lines of the wpa_supplicant.conf file to assure the Pi-Star finds and connects properly.

I configure my own wpa_supplicant.conf files upon years of Linux wi-fi and hidden SSID experience, but don't recall if I ever had the 'scan_ssid' line in the Pi-Star one.  In any regard, the hotspot had been working fine and only recently decided it couldn't connect to my router.  This addition and a reboot immediately fixed the problem.



Here's further: https://raspi.tv/2017/how-to-auto-connect-your-raspberry-pi-to-a-hidden-ssid-wifi-network

73 - Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.